Position Title: Groundskeeper
Departmental Title: Environmental Services/Land Management
Supervisorís Title: Landscape Supervisor/Landscape Gardener
To provide a wide variety of horticultural and horticulturally related tasks under the direct supervision of the Landscape Supervisor and/or the Landscape Gardeners.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. The ability to understand instructions at a tenth grade level.
2. A valid PA Driverís License.
1. Carry out lawn renovations which includes soil preparation, soil grading, seeding, and sodding.
2. The ability to learn to prune grasses, annuals, herbaceous perennials, vines, shrubs, and trees, and timing for plant training and/or thinning or control.
3. Has ability to accomplish proper cultural requirements and planting practices of annuals, herbaceous perennials, vines, shrubs, trees.
4. Follow the recommended safety procedures of all outlined activities which includes proper lifting, stretching, and wearing of the appropriate safety gear as needed or required.
5. Properly and safely use and handle all power equipment to its best advantage without misuse or undue wear on the equipment.
6. Perform snow removal functions with brushes, blowers, shovels, ice melt, and other equipment for the quick, efficient removal of all snow from paths, walks, roads, etc.
7. Perform duties which will be seasonal or peripheral in nature, such as Greenhouse operations, interior plantscaping/care, trash pick-up, or general cleaning of grounds.
8. Be able to perform a variety of labor-intensive horticultural tasks, such as dragging brush, load debris on to trucks, weeding, trash/grounds clean-up, mulching, etc. using wide range of hand tools (i.e., rakes, shovels, brooms, etc.).