Position Title: Landscape Gardener
Departmental Title: Environmental Services/Land Management
Supervisorís Title: Landscape Supervisor
The Landscape Gardener plans, develops, and implements work schedules and assignments. Leads and directs seasonal staff. Coordinates the care of the section to include the plants, turf, walks, and architectural accents. The Landscape Gardener primarily works independently accepting guidance from Landscape Supervisor as needed to maintain the overall appearance of the section.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. A high school graduate or equivalent. Post graduate degree or certification preferred.
2. A valid Pa. Driverís License.
3. Minimum of two year training in horticulture, either technical or on-the-job is desirable.
4. Ability to acquire a Pa. state pesticide applicatorís certification.
1. Responsible for understanding the proper use and handling of pesticides to include quantifying chemical mixtures, ratios, rates, and application processes.
2. Lead seasonal workers in daily and weekly activities concerning the proper maintenance of the grounds.
3. Capable of assessing, evaluating, determining, and correcting plant growth issues.
4. Responsible for the overall health, condition, visual impact, and accessibility of the section for all four seasons.