Position Title: Server - FM
Departmental Title: Food Services Department
Supervisor’s Title: Freemason Dining Room Supervisor
Servers are responsible to provide prompt, courteous dining services, three meals a day in the Freemasons three dining rooms.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. High school graduate or equivalent preferred..
2. Good oral communication skills
3. Will provide on-the-job training.
1. Serve daily meals to Freemasons residents, individual plate service style.
2. Pour and serve beverages, hot and cold for residents.
3. Ability to read and follow daily tally guide sheet, selective menu and meal tickets to assure accurate counts of cold prep are produced and all meals are plated according to meal ticket.
4. Remove glasses, dirty dishes, and flatware from tables and place on dirty dish truck.
5. Reset dining room table. Change napkins daily and tablecloths according to present schedule.
6. Crumb tables, arrange centers, dust chairs, water and arrange flowers for tables.
7. Responsible for washing, coffee and hot water pots, serving trays, cleaning and sanitizing all counters in server prep area and sweep and mop pantry floor. Staff needs to look at floor for any spills and clean up immediately.
8. Perform assigned scheduled cleaning tasks in dining room and server prep area.
9. Carry trays with residents' plated meals, hot cereal, soup and dessert.
10. Check and refill sugar, sweet 'n' low, on tables. Refill jelly basket for next meal.
11. Serve special functions and banquets throughout the year.
12. Place bread and/or crackers in baskets and put on tables.
13. Data entry - daily menu selections into computer.
14. Restock resident kitchens.
15. Reports to work on assigned shifts according to posted schedule. Flexibility to change schedule as needed.
16. Demonstrates actions that promote excellent dining experience for residents in their neighborhood and/or with specific needs.