Position Title: Social Service Coordinator
Departmental Title: Social Services
Supervisor’s Title: Director of Social Services
The Social Services Coordinator is responsible to provide social services to residents located in Retirement Living, Assisted Living and Health Care.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Training gained through graduation from a four year college or university with a degree in social work or related degree and a minimum of one year experience in the geriatric field.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
3. Knowledge of nursing home and personal care regulations and the Fair Housing Act helpful.
4. Computer knowledge helpful.
1. Market Assisted Living and Health Care services, prepare articles for newsletters, receive and respond to information calls, provide tours, and act as liaison for resident, family, staff and community services.
2. Determine applicant’s level of care with medical team based on medical information provided and make determination on appropriate placement.
3. Process and update paperwork, including admission documents, social histories, advance Directives, preadmission screening forms, and PA-PASRR-ID. Interpret Masonic Village financial policies and federal and state regulations for applicants, residents, and family.
4. Provide support services; make referrals to home health agencies, Hospice, and other provider agencies. Plan and implement support groups and document services provided
in resident medical record.
5. Educate staff, residents and family on resident rights, including abuse prevention and other related topics.
6. Attend team meetings and other meetings as assigned and attend ongoing in-service training.
7. Provides social services in health care in the absence of the Director.