Position Title: Pharmacy Technician
Departmental Title: Pharmacy
Supervisor’s Title: Pharmacy Manager
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible to assist the pharmacist in dispensing
pharmaceutical products to Masonic Villages residents. Assist in ordering and
maintaining an adequate inventory of pharmaceutical products.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Pharmacy technician certification and experience preferred.
3. Medical background or medical secretary experience preferred.
4. Computer skills helpful.
1. Fill, refill, and label all medication orders under the supervision of the pharmacist.
Complete labels only for orders of schedule II medications.
2. Enter resident information in the computer to either prepare a new profile or to call
up one already on file.
3. Label and pre-package unit dose medications as directed.
4. Process orders of new medications and supplies sent to the pharmacy by distributors or
drug manufacturers. Check orders against packing slips, indicate date received, and
store medications appropriately, rotating stock when shelving items.
5. Generate daily prescription register and other reports as needed.
6. Fill stock requisitions, restock the pharmacy, and maintain adequate stock of
medication in a fiscally responsible and efficient manner.
7. Assist in the operation of the pharmacy charging system; enter and update third party
8. Assist in maintaining an organized filing system for physician order sheets,
prescriptions, invoices, log of discontinued medications, and other documents necessary
for the smooth operation of the pharmacy.
9. Make rounds at in the Health Care Center to pick up late orders and delivers
prescriptions to the Grand Lodge Office and to Retirement Living Community at established
10.Assist in maintaining a list of current Hospice patients and forward to Finance
11.Answer the telephone in a courteous manner. Notify resident care areas and/or
residents when medication orders are ready for pick up.
12.Assist residents and pharmacists in the over-the-counter pharmacy area as needed.