Position Title: HOUSEKEEPER/LAUNDRY
Departmental Title: ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
Supervisor’s Title: HOUSEKEEPING/LAUNDRY SUPERVISOR
Housekeepers / Laundry workers are responsible to provide the best quality environmental housekeeping service through continuous training and to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe environment and to provide the best quality laundry service through continuous training, to maintain a sufficient supply of linens and clothing to the residents
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. A high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
2. Will receive on-the-job training
3. Any equivalent combination of experience and training preferred
1. Performs daily scheduled housekeeping duties in all rooms and common areas as designed by the Environmental Service Director and Supervisor.
2. Assist in cleaning employee service areas including but not limited to locker rooms, bathrooms and staff lounge.
3. Pick up trash in designated areas.
4. Insure equipment is maintained in a clean and operable condition.
5. Maintain all carpeted floors and assist in mopping, stripping, and refinishing
floors when assigned.
6. Assist in maintaining a clean work area.
7. Performs weekly, monthly, and annual scheduled housekeeping duties as scheduled and designed by the Environmental Service Director and Supervisor.
8. Reports and maintenance concerns or safety conditions.
9. Assist in setup and breakdown of chairs, tables, etc. for special occasions.
10.Perform daily laundry duties as established by the Director of Environmental Services and Superviso
11.Collect, sort, and weigh soiled laundry, linen, garments and place in proper containers.
12.Rinse laundry/linens and garments when needed.
13.Wash soiled laundry/linens and garments according to established procedures and on proper cycles.
14.Hang and/or fold personal laundry neatly
15.Return residents’ personal laundry to proper room in a timely manner.
16.Dry laundry/linens and garments on proper drying temperatures.
17.Follow all cleaning procedures.
18.Remove from service stained and worn linens.
19.Report any maintenance concerns or unsafe conditions.
20.Stock floors with adequate supply of linen