Position Title: Cafe Worker
Departmental Title: Food Services Department
Supervisor’s Title: Café Supervisor
Cafe Workers are responsible to provide customers of the cafeteria with prompt, friendly and courteous service in a clean and pleasurable atmosphere.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Middle school graduate or equivalent preferred.
2. Will provide on-the-job training
1. Present and prepare the menu items in an eye appealing and sanitary manner.
2. Fills salad bar with ice and replenishes salad bar and deli station food items.
3. Serves meals to customers, practicing portion control.
4. Opens up, operates cash register and scales and closes out register and reconciles transactions
after each meal.
5. Maintains sanitation of cafeteria serving and dining room areas during and at end of scheduled
6. Assists with end of shift duties ie. breaking down salad bar, deli station, grill station and steam
table, storage of food, documentation and disposal of leftovers.
7. Bags floor stock items and assembles floor stock.
8. Assembles salad bar ingredients and slices meats and cheeses.
9. Fills steam table wells with water and turns on/off steam table wells according to operating
10. Writes menu on chalkboard.
11. Prepares salad bar, deli station, grill station, and food items order slip for next day.
12. Communicates with kitchen regarding cafeteria production and next shift.
13. Reports to work on assigned shifts according to posted schedule. Flexibility to change
schedule as needed.