Position Title: UTILITY TECHNICIAN
Departmental Title: MAINTENANCE
Supervisor’s Title: FACILITIES ENGINEER
Responsible for the operation, maintenance, inspection and sanitation of the Masonic Village water supply system.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Certified or eligible to be certified through the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection “Sewage Treatment Plant and Waterworks Operators Certification Act: Water Classes C & E and Subclasses 7, 8 & 12 as well as Wastewater Class E (Collection Systems) or will achieve the required system operating time at Masonic Village under certified operator(s) and obtain training required to meet all list requirements within eighteen (18) months of date of hire.
3. Certified or eligible to be certified through the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture with a Pesticide Application License with Category 24 for swimming pools or complete required testing and be certified within eight (8) months of date of hire.
4. Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
5. A minimum of two (2) years plumbing experience either as part of the operation of a domestic water system and/or wastewater treatment facility, or as a plumber in the role of a maintenance mechanic or service technician.
1. Collects and submits water samples to a state approved chemist as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and the Environmental Protection Agency.
2. Maintains professional growth and development by attending educational, technical and training programs, seminars and courses to meet Certified Waterworks Operator requirements and to stay current with standards and requirements of regulatory agencies.
3. Assists in the submission of water reports to the Bureau of Water Quality Management every month and annual water reports to the Department of Environmental Protection.
4. Maintains and checks deep well pumps daily. Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment related to water distribution, swimming pool treatment, hydrants and related systems.
5. Acts as an emergency back-up and resource on the maintenance of all Masonic Village and Masonic Conference Center swimming pools. On weekends and holidays, periodically checking the purification, analyzing samples of water, adding chemicals as necessary and performing routine maintenance as required.
6. Acts as an emergency back-up and resource to all maintenance groups on operation and checks of all water softeners at the Masonic Village, including the Masonic Conference Center, for water hardness.
7. Accepts call duty as scheduled including meeting requirements for being available to accept Switchboard calls and to respond to make repairs or provide help as necessary. Also shares regularly scheduled and required weekend and holiday work coverage of water operation.
8. Flushes fire hydrants semi-annually, performs flow tests and maintains hydrants.
9. Maintains office and work areas in an orderly and clean manner, maintaining a safe work place. Assures the proper care and use of tools, equipment and supplies.
10.Maintains sewer meters, changes charts, records gallons used, collects solids data on the sanitary sewer and reports data to the Elizabethtown Borough and Facilities Engineer. Takes monthly electric meter readings as scheduled and reports them to the Facilities Engineer.
11.Maintains an accurate record of time for cost distribution and payroll. Completes Maximo computer generated work orders and provides clear documentation of work as required. Generates work orders for additional work or tasks identified in field and completes or submits them as appropriate.