Position Title: Dietary Worker
Departmental Title: Food Services Department
Supervisor’s Title: Dietary Manager
Dietary Workers are responsible for assembling, serving, delivering foods to residents according to planned menu and to return disposal of food waste in safe and hygienic manner.
1. High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
2. Will provide on-the-job training.
3. Good oral communication skills.
1. Practices safe food handling procedures. Assists with preparation or portioning of some cold food items.
2. Works in the Health Care Dining Room serving residents according to the prescribed diet and likes and dislikes.
3. Plates resident meals and practices portion control measures. Pre-portions juices, condiments and other items as needed.
4. Transports food trucks within department and to/from Nursing department. Prepares and delivers floor stock.
5. Transports dishes and necessary equipment to designated area.
6. Scrapes trays and/or disposes of leftovers to facilitate cleanup of dishes, pots, and pans. Participates in ware washing when as assigned.
7. Performs scheduled cleaning tasks, including sanitizing food carts.
8. Assists with end of shift and department duties, ie. transporting equipment, cleaning and sanitizing of floors and equipment, wrapping silverware and turning off equipment.
9. Restocks pantry with foods to be served and supplies as needed.
10.Answers phone, takes messages and responds in an appropriate manner.
11.Checks menus and production sheets for items served. Follows extension sheets provided.
12.Cleans, sanitizes and restocks tables and serving area. Checks temperatures and reports out of range temperatures.
13.Assists Dietary Manger to distribute, complete and process resident menus. Assists with tallying menus and tray tickets.
14.Reports to work on assigned shifts according to posted schedule. Flexibility to change schedule as needed.
15.Performs all other duties as assigned.