Position Title: Homemaker
Departmental Title: Masonic Village Home Care
Supervisorís Title: Home Care Manager
Perform various homemaker and companion services to residents in their home. Provides non-professional services and assistance.
1. High school diploma or equivalency preferred, but not essential.
2. Successful completion of a criminal background check.
3. Sincere interest in working with the elderly
4. Satisfactorily completes orientation training.
5. Valid Pennsylvania Drivers License preferred.
1. Assist residents with activities of daily living i.e. bathing, hair care, nail care, mouth care, feeding, skin care, and toileting. Completes and documents all care as assigned accurately and in a timely manner
2. Independently organizes work and provides effective companionship services to residents accurately and completely in a timely manner.
3. Advocates for resident/ family concerning aspects of care, needs, and services.
4. Possesses a working knowledge of the principles of safe and appropriate care, practice of Masonic Village policies and procedures, to include effective communication skills, both oral and written.
5. Provides quality companionship services to seniors in their homes with specific services as outlined in the service plan.
6. Demonstrates a willingness to receive, understand, and follow instructions.
7. Is kind and respectful to residents, family, and staff.
8. Demonstrates a neat, professional appearance, and good hygiene.
9. Documents resident data and completes required records accurately and in a timely fashion.
10. Assist in meal preparation and providing cueing for meals as indicated.
11. Assists in keeping residentís living area neat to include light housekeeping chores and laundry as directed by the service plan.
12. Transports resident to activities or appointments and run errands as directed by the service plan.
13. Observes and communicates changes in resident condition according to notification
14. Participates in educational programs as indicated.
15. Practices fiscal responsibility in the use of supplies and time management.